As a result of COVID-19, Science to Street Art is postponing 2020 unveiling events for murals created in Madison, WI. In lieu of unveiling events, Science to Street Art is posting a call for Wisconsin artists to propose art works, augmented reality, and social distancing friendly activities based on the science behind existing mural concepts. These works will serve as a way to virtually celebrate mural unveilings through novel science-art fusion works.
Examples for science-art fusion projects include, but are not limited to:
- Downloadable coloring pages based on the science of murals (such as molecular structure of COVID-19)
- Downloadable templates for science-art fusion chalk art
- Dance video at a mural location (physics of dance)
- Creation of augmented reality within existing murals
- Science Spoken Word recorded at mural location
Artist proposals must be grounded on science concepts that relates to the 2019 Science to Street Art murals. Proposals can range in budget up to $500. Mural concepts include: periodic table, astrophysics, big data & precision medicine, molecular structure and diversity of scientists. We anticipate 4-10 artist projects depending on funding, and partnerships.
Applications will be reviewed and selected on a rolling basis until July 2020. Selected projects will be based on quality of the work, science concepts, reach, and diversity of art forms.
All art forms are encouraged to apply.