Science Art Fusion with a Community Focus
Science to Street Art is a collaborative initiative that aims to visually inspire Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math (STEAM) education and careers through the innovative planning, design and management of public spaces known as Placemaking.
The initiative is two-fold:
- the creation of science civic art spotlighting graffiti and hip-hop art forms
- a festival of Madison Metropolitan School District workshops and Community Activities connecting street art to science curriculum and story
“I’m not saying I’m gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world..”
Accessible Science & Art
- The first university-driven science public art initiative
- Pairing scientists with street artists creating permanent installations annually
- Leveraging science capitol in partnership with creative placemaking
- Utilizing public art to advance visual science teaching and science festivals
Redefining community belonging to science
Wisconsin Art Gives Voice to 2020’s Politics, Pain, Potential
Projects and shows provide expression, opportunity, even a boost to tourism.